Nein-Teen!

/ Tuesday, April 2, 2013 /



Even Adolf says no to me turning 19. (Nein means 'Nay or No!' in German, if you're wondering)

I don't want to either cuz getting older = adulthood = no fun = more responsiblities!!! 

My 12year old self would’ve been super bummed out if she were to find out that she’d still be an awkward scrawny piece of poop even after she’s turned 19.

When reality hit me hard, I felt confused. Weird. Lost.

Ok fine I’ve always been confused, weird and lost all my life but this is it, man.

 I guess turning nineteen isn’t that worth of a big hoo-ha.

19 is like that awkward fresh graduate who recently got a job and is crammed in the packed MRT train amongst older working class people on a Monday morning.

That didn’t make sense. Never mind.

I assume that people my age would probably head to the clubbbbsssssss or hold elaborate birthday parties to celebrate their birthdays but I’m just here…..

Just here. And I’m all right with it.

That’s because I honestly do not see the need to tell the world that I’m getting older (oh, the irony) or have people spend money on me, celebrating “me, me, it’s all about me yay!”

Instead, I find great comfort in realizing that:
  1. I am very much alive. I am happy and I am healthy. (chicken pox is NOT a disease!!!)
  2. I still have (a little more) time to figure out who I am, what I want to do, what I want to achieve and how I’ll get there. (Sounds terrifying, I know)
  3. My beloved friends and family are healthy and happy and I have wonderful parents
  4. I’m not really an adult yet (hehe) so that means that I can still fulfill some of the stuff from my ‘Crazy things to do’ list
  5. I can still make a difference. (Damn act)  

…. And my dad gave me some money so I could buy myself a birthday present (!!!) butthat’snothepointguyscuzsavingtheworldis.

Hahaha. I crack myself up sometimes.

Lil indecisive me can’t bloody decide what to get for myself so I made this collagethingamagick that summarizes a whole lotta stuff (19, to be exact) I want but can’t have.

Nineteen lovely things

(left – right, top – bottom)
Tops from 3.1PhillipLim and Saint James for J Crew.Jackets from Madewell, Theory and Acne Jeans.
Watches from Marc by Marc Jacobs and Nixon.Bags from 3.1PhillipLim and Céline.
“Pillow Talk” Lipstick from Topshop.“Meet me at Sunset” Nail Polish from Essie. 
Shoes from A.P.C Woman, Alexander Wang and Maison Martin Margiela. Sunglasses from Céline, Wildfox Couture and Linda Farrow.Cargo skirt from Kenzo. Boyfriend jeans from Current/Elliot. 
You, yes you. Thanks for stopping by to read this really lame entry of mine. I hope you have a great day ahead and please kindly help to eat all the birthday cake there is for me (or lack thereof). 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sheryl Bites!, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger