Sheryl and the Sherwani

/ Saturday, July 21, 2012 /



s

its all in the details
Boy's Sherwani from Mustafa, Old White Shirt, Jeans from Mango, sister's old brogues  (ph. credits: Ayesha Shaikh)
Singapore celebrates Racial Harmony Day today and I couldn't be anymore excited to be part of it! (in the sartorial sense, that is.)

Went sari-shopping with my mom yesterday night at Mustafa Centre (Singapore's iconic 24hour shopping complex located in Little India) and we discovered so, so many beautiful fabrics! From peacock green, gold, indigo and and many other dazzling shades, it was a feast for the eyes! I'm pretty sure the sari fabrics section is every apparel designer's dream :) 


While my mom was deciding on which sari to purchase, I wandered off to the other clothing sections and this midnight blue coat caught my eye! I learnt afterwards that the coat is called a 'Sherwani'. It is a long coat-boss jacket fastened with buttons. The Sherwani is usually worn during the wedding ceremonies by the groom. 


Nothing says unique more than donning a male's indian costume, eh? Heheh.

Follow me on instagram @sherylbites if you wanna view more of my everyday outfits :) 
Hope you all have a great weekend! 

1 comments:

{ Inmonarch } on: October 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM said...

Sherwani looks great when made as per shape and measurement of the groom. Mens traditional sherwani

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sheryl Bites, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger