Of Music and Men

/ Thursday, April 26, 2012 /


Well to start off, I'll have to admit. I love boys, especially so if they know a thing or two about looking dapper and stylish, so how in the world would I miss this opportunity of volunteering for Music and Men's Fashion Week 2012?





VVIP guests enjoyed macaroons and tea from TWG
When I first arrived at the event venue, I was amazed. The red carpet, mannequins showcasing men's looks from designer labels like Alfred Dunhill and the runway hall, all of the works, were spectacular.  


The five-day event took place at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Hall and it was truly a star-studded event. My friend and I were assigned the role of the 'bouncers' of the MCM Lounge, where only VIP and VVIP guests were granted access to the lounge where they are entitled to free flow of drinks and canap├ęs.

This 'job' of mine gave me the chance to meet the high-fliers in the fashion and media industry. They include celebrity aesthetics doctor Dr. Georgia Lee, celebrity hairstylist David Gan, actors Julian Hee and George Young, Hong Kong superstar Shawn Yue, and mega stars se7en and Yuna Ito.

Gorgeous Thailand Singer BIE KPN.
David Gan 
Menswear Designer Nick Hart
TV actor George Young 
Se7en performing his hit songs

Local models Ian, Yuze and Yurui made their official debut at the event, where many guests were clamoring to get a photo with them.

My friend Nobelle and I with Ian
The twin models Yuze and YuRui
The first four days saw local designers as well as designers from all over the world presenting their amazing men's collections. A charity gala dinner and the MCM fashion showcase was held on the last day. The event ended on a high note with an after party featuring AOS’s very own DJ Andrew T.

Finale of the MCM showcase where the male models went topless (!!!) and carried 
Swarovski jewel- embellished backpacks from MCM
Fancy a drink? 
Volunteering for the Music and Men's Fashion Week 2012 has been an unforgettable experience for me and I cannot be anymore thankful. It gave me a chance to meet so many stylish and influential people. (did I mention drop-dead gorgeous male models?) I also learnt how to handle problems and crises professionally.

A HUGE thank you to People's Association Youth Movement's Mr. Lin, Fide Productions (the organizers of this event) for giving me this opportunity! This experience has made me even more determined about pursuing my dream career and believing in myself. (so cheesy but yes)

"We love George Young!" photo: Nobelle 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sheryl Bites!, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger