Boy/girl

/ Saturday, March 31, 2012 /

Striking a pose with Fatin in Subiaco. Shades from Just Jeans, Men's "Helsinki' T-shirt and bracelets from Cotton On, my trusty backpack,  jeans from Mango, Navy Blue High-Tops from Converse 
"Here's to the girls who dress like awkward boys," model Alexa Chung, once said when she accepted an award for her influential personal style. I, for one, am a huge fan of androgynous dressing and I enjoy decking out in boyish clothes. What's not to love about their clothes? From their varsity shirts, cool hats, brogues and vests, being told that "you're dressed like a guy," isn't exactly an insult.

Boys aside, I'm left with five more days before I head back to sunny Singapore. How's everyone doing? The trip has been great so far. My friends and I got to explore many wonderful places. We visited art galleries, swam in the ocean in Rottnest Island, learnt about Australia's history and origin, caught the movie 'Eat Pray Love' at the outdoor cinema at Northbridge Piazza, and tried plenty, plenty of good food. (especially Italian. Weird.)

Adding on, staying in an apartment-style hotel room has made me learn to be more independent and getting things done by myself. This trip certainly made me realise that there's so much out there for me to explore and to learn from. Missing my friends and family to bits.

P.S. My friend Elizabeth and I just picked up this pair of glittery blue 'disco' jeans from dotti. Can't wait to wear them out. 
(pumped up kicks) much thanks to Joceline for the photos! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sheryl Bites, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger